The facial mask is one of the latest trends in the field of cosmetics, there are all kinds and for all needs.
But those who were already “skilled at the craft” know that the best bet is to learn how to make a face mask yourself.
Who is it? Don’t know how to make a face mask? But it’s as simple as that!
The do-it-yourself mask is prepared with natural ingredients that you can find safely at home.
An example? The one with egg white for oily skin, or the lemon-based highlighter!
In short, his mask for every need, and if you don’t know where to start, we’ll take care of it!
Why make natural masks
The world of cosmetics is divided between those who have no trouble buying their products between perfumeries – physical or online – pharmacies and even supermarkets, often well stocked, and who… no. Lovers of natural cosmetics would never dare to bring products to their skin that are not 100% eco-responsible, most often tending to obtain them themselves.
But even without being a purist, learning how to make a face mask yourself with natural ingredients can be useful:
- To vary a little, nourish the skin with different active ingredients, so that it does not always get used to the usual products making them less effective;
- Intervene quickly with a “cushion” mask in case you’ve tried new cosmetics and your skin is irritated but you don’t know who to blame yet;
- For those times when you’ve finished your favorite mask and need to pamper your face a bit;
- Because it’s funny!
Here we are sure that now you too want to learn how to prepare DIY face masks. In the following paragraphs we will show you the most popular ones, with a detailed explanation on how to make them. You will find the egg white mask for oily skin, the nourishing avocado mask, the honey scrub and much more. Curious eh? Let’s start!
How to Make a DIY Face Mask to Shrink Pores and for an Effective Lifting Effect
Let’s start with one of the most popular and easiest DIY face masks to make, namely the egg white face mask for oily skin. It is a very simple facial mask, and also used by our grandmothers because it not only cleanses the skin, but also gives a slight lifting effect.
In this case, no recipes: just separate the egg white from the yolk, without even beating. This face mask doesn’t actually provide an actual recipe, just a bowl and brush that you’ll need to use to spread a generous amount of egg white over your face.
Instead, what you need to do instead of the recipe is to prep the facial skin very well with treatments such as scrubs and deep cleansing, perhaps biphasic. Indeed, shrinking the pores without cleaning them first will not be very effective, if not to make you have pimples under the skin.
So clean your face very well, then spread a good dose of egg white. Leave to rest for at least 30 minutes. As the egg white dries, you’ll feel like your face is pulling. Do not be afraid: it means that it has an effect. The master’s trick? Instead of removing the mask with water, pull it by the edges, so that it also removes impurities.
White like a real lady with lemon juice
The fact that vitamin C has dark spot-fighting and brightening properties is now something that hardly anyone can ignore. Every day we are bombarded with advertisements for creams with this specific active, so much so that even those who do not have sunspot problems know it perfectly well.
But, if in doubt, let’s recap: vitamin C has anti-stain properties, makes the skin whiter and brighter, and also has strong antioxidant power. What does it mean? Which neutralizes the free radicals responsible for cellular aging and keeps you young longer.
If at this point you are wondering how to prepare the do-it-yourself vitamin C mask, know that you will have even more pleasure reading the answer, because in this case the solutions are really numerous and, it is necessary to say, a more comfortable and practical on the other.
- If you have an old disposable sheet mask on hand, you can use it soaked in lemon juice. Wash it to remove the residue of the previous product, and soak it with freshly squeezed lemon juice (be careful, vitamin C oxidizes easily so hurry!) Then keep it on your face for 20 minutes, making sure to what it does not reach your eyes.
- Aren’t you the sheet mask type? No problem. You can mix lemon juice with your moisturizer or, even better, the cream you use to make your moisturizing mask, which is usually a bit thicker. Keep it in pose for the time indicated in the mask and voila!
- Do you like natural solutions? Mix the lemon juice with the yogurt. If you are worried that the mixture will be too liquid and will not stay still on your face, add a little oatmeal (just take oats and pass it through a blender) which, in addition, will have an effect soothing. In this case too, let it sit for 20 minutes and you’re ready to go!
Hydrate and nourish with superfoods!
Now we come to a mask whose main ingredient is well-being. Yes, because the mask that we are going to offer you has a thousand properties, the main one being to give your skin extra nutrition. Ideal if you have just returned from the sea, or if you are at the end of a particularly stressful working week. The extra touch? A great perfume!
What do you need?
- A ripe banana
- A ripe avocado
- White yogurt
- Oatmeal (or oatmeal and blender)
- Olive oil
- A bowl
- A fork
- A brush (those used for hair dye are also suitable)
As you probably gathered from reading the ingredient list, this is a type of mask designed to give your skin everything it needs. Oats, with their soothing properties, will act on free radicals and on the general stress layer of the skin. Avocado and oil, thanks to fatty acids, will give extra nourishment and fight free radicals.
Finally, the banana has a high moisturizing and nourishing power, as you probably already know if you are passionate about hair masks – by the way: you can also put this mask on your head -, while natural yoghurt, with its slight acidic properties, will help actives penetrate the skin better.
How to make a DIY mask with these ingredients?
- Cut a quarter of a banana and a quarter of an avocado – use the whole fruit if you want to take advantage of it to make a mask even for your hair, and if you have something left, you can also spread the product on your hands and put gloves – and mash everything with a fork. Do not use the blender, it will destroy the vitamins;
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil. One scoop if using whole fruit;
- Measure the yogurt and oats: a tablespoon of the first and a teaspoon of the second. Then adjust if the mixture seems too liquid or too solid;
- Apply to face.
Exposure time? The more, the better. Do you know what is the best way to apply this mask in truth? Apply it on the face, then on the hair, wrapping it in a transparent film, and finally on the hands, covering them with gloves, or on the feet, protecting them with the transparent film. Then protect the bed or sofa with a towel so as not to damage them and…
Take a good nap! During sleep, the body “takes advantage” to regenerate the skin, and what better way to regenerate it than by providing it with this extra food? Plus, the soothing properties of oats will double their effectiveness during sleep. In short, you will wake up completely refreshed. After that, a good shower is enough to complete with a jet of cold water and voila, like new!
A few final tips
In this article, we have taught you how to make three different types of DIY masks. However, these were only examples, aiming to give you an idea of how to prepare a natural “typical” face mask and, above all, how to dose your ingredients so that the mask stays firmly on the face and that you do not find not it drips down the neck and possibly dirty the house.
At this point, you can use whatever ingredients you want. Surely you have understood that those – like egg white or oatmeal – that “pull” have a lifting effect. The slightly acidic ones fight blemishes and make the skin more radiant, in addition to lemon, an excellent ally would be papaya. Fats – both fruit and oil – nourish and make the skin softer.
Green light to all the ingredients you want. And when it comes to softening and nourishing, don’t just limit yourself to the face, but also run your creation over your hands, feet to combat cracked heels, elbows and knees, plus of course the hair.
And now, enjoy a healthy, glowing face!